Things are coming together for the grand finale to NOLA Pyrate Week – our second annual “Houma Pyrate Day”! Our thanks to our designated charity partner, Keep Terrebonne Beautiful and the Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government for their support. Extra special thanks to our Crew mate, Capt. Wendy Wilson Billiot for her tireless efforts – and the use o’ Camp Dularge!
If yer an Artisan/Merchant, get signed up here – though we have a larger space at the Downtown Marina park, we can only fit so many o’ ye in!
Our good mates, The Whiskey Bay Rovers, sail down from Lafayette to entertain ye with traditional (and not-so-traditional) Pyrate & Celtic music & entertainment. remember to fill their hats with doubloons!
Thunder Roads Magazine (Louisiana) along with Street Survivors are helping us raise funds for Keep Terrebonne Beautiful by hosting a “Poker Run” – hundreds o’ Motorcycle enthusiasts will be participating in the local tour that pulls into port at the Marina about 2pm. They will also be printing t-shirts on the spot and taking Magazine registrations – all funds raised go to KTB!
Our mates (& sponsors), Bayou Rum (Louisiana Spirits) will be on hand with samples o’ their fine products – locally produced from Cane to Cask! Another sponsor, Rush Rice Products have donated a generous amount o’ their exclusive Blanca Isabel Purple Rice – also entirely local!
There are at least a dozen hotels in Houma, but three have offered special rates if ye mention “Pyrate Day”:
- Quality Inn, 210 South Hollywood Road, Houma, LA 70360 – $75 a night includes a great full breakfast buffet.
- Ramada Inn, 1400 West Tunnel Boulevard, Houma, LA 70360 – $68 a night with continental breakfast.
- Plantation Inn, 1381 West Tunnel Boulevard , Houma, LA 70360 – $59.95 no food included (though they have a restaurant on site)
- Ye can also check here for others: http://j.mp/1c4vjR2
Great local food will be available:
- Big Mike’s Smokehouse Barbecue
- Dave’s Cajun Kitchen
- Our charitable partners, Keep Terrebonne Beautiful will be grilling Burgers and selling refreshments (incl. Beer) – all to raise funds for Wetlands restoration & preservation!
Mr. C.J. Christ & the fine folks from the Regional Military Museum join us again and are bringing their original WWII “Higgins Boat” (or LCVP aka Landing Craft)…if yer lucky they might give ye a ride in it! The Museum is worth a visit – recently reconstructed, it is now a spectacular 12,000 sq. ft. exhibition space filled with artifacts, working vehicles, scale models – a living history honouring those who served their Country (Mon – Fri: 10am – 4pm, $3 Adult, $1 Children/Student, $2 Seniors, Active Military Free).
Challenge yer skill, ingenuity and possibly…foolhardiness! Build a floating raft from recycled materials and float it down Bayou Terrebonne to show yer support for Keep Terrebonne Beautiful in the first ever Recycled Raft Race! Be sure to register early…some excellent prizes to be had for success…or surviving!