There is one consistent fact about “passing a good time” in Louisiana (or anywhere, really); it always seems to end too soon!
2018 marks an official decade o’ gatherings in New Orleans and it’s surrounding territories…ten years o’ community involvement, meeting new mates, discovering new treasure and sharing the food, drink, history & culture that is the backbone o’ Louisiana.
Our many adventures included:
- Participating in the “Spring Fling” at Fisher Middle-High School in the Town o’ Jean Lafitte
- Gathering with new mates & old at Pirates Alley Café & Olde Absinthe House
- Sorting & sacking beads with the fine folks at ARC Greater New Orleans
- Touring the Bayou Rum Distillery in Lacassine with our mate, John Frank Guidry
- Enjoying the music o’ The Lost Bayou Ramblers at Bayou Teche Brewing
- Visiting the hat shop o’ our mate, Colby Hebert “The Cajun Hatter”, who showed us where the magic happens
- A wonderful Family Pyrate Day in Old Algiers with the Confetti Park Players, Whiskey Bay Rovers and many visitors – plus the hospitality & delicious food at One Stone NOLA
- Helping promote the Odyssey House Pirate Ball Fundraiser (tickets still available)
- Counting Alligators in Bayou Dularge with our mate, The Bayou Woman
- Travelling to the end o’ the road at Lake Borgne & the top o’ the Lighthouse at Lake Pontchartrain
- Watching the Chris Owens Easter Parade
- Paying our respects at “The Temple”, where Jean Laffite sold his goods
- Visiting Chalmette Battlefield & Cemetery
…and many more adventures – join us next time!